- Spring Greens and Viognier or Sauvignon Blanc. The acidity balances the bitterness of leafy greens in a lightly dressed salad.
- Seared Ahi Tuna with Grenache or Pinot Noir. The richness of tuna needs a wine with lush fruit, spice, and kiss of toasty oak.
- Grilled Herbed Lamb with Syrah. Rack of lamb enhanced with lavender, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano coupled with the smoky grilled flavors sing in perfect harmony with the black and blue fruit characteristics of Syrah.
- Marinated Flap Steak with Petite Sirah or Cabernet Sauvignon. A grilled steak pairs well with a wine with a strong tannin structure.
- Strawberry Shortcake with Rosé. Wines with floral notes tend to enhance the fresh fruit. Choose a dry wine to cut through the whipped cream.
Five Perfect Spring Wine Pairings
Wine Pairing / May 26th, 2022
Here are five perfect wine and food pairings.