- High Acid Wines “Cut the Cheese.” A wine’s acid can cut through the creaminess. Try a Grenache to balance the tomatoes or a spicy Syrah to add extra complexity to a plain cheese pizza.
- Consider All the Add-On Flavors. When selecting the wine consider the pizza toppings. Ham and pineapple will take you in a different direction than a pepperoni or sausage pizza.
- Margherita Pizza Simplicity. Buffalo mozzarella, extra-virgin olive oil, and fresh tomatoes pair with Chianti Classico. Consider other medium-bodied reds like Pinot Noir from Oregon or Arizona Grenache.
- Bubbles with White Pizza. Taking the tomato sweetness and acid away, make sparkling wine the perfect choice. Try a California or French Brut Rosé.
- No Sweet Wines. Make a dessert pizza if you want sweet.
Wine Pairing / Dec 15th, 2021
Here are 5 tips to pair wine with pizza.