Wine Pairing /
Nov 1st, 2020
Fall brings cool weather, rich flavors, and an abundance of great squashes like Kabocha, Butternut, Spaghetti, and Carnival, perfect for soups and stews.
- There are no hard and fast rules except to stay away from wines that are too sweet. We love sparkling wines or brut rose champagne with a roasted turkey or chicken dinner.
- With the richness of squash dishes, choose a wine that will complement and not compete.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a fall staple so choose a wine with earthy flavors and enough acidity to cut through the cream. Consider a Grenache.
- Try Roasted Spaghetti Squash tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper with a crisp, dry Viognier.
- Stuffed Pumpkin Ravioli with Browned Butter Sage Sauce pairs well with a complex, spicy wine like LDV Winery 2016 R.E.D. or Pinot Noir.
View this brief video about pairing wine with fall flavors.