LDV Wines /
Jul 1st, 2020
As the temperature goes up do not shy away from red wines. Here are 5 tips to enjoy summertime red wines.
- Try a dry, chilled rosé wine. Today’s rosé is not the rosé of the 1960’s. They are complex, rich, and truly special.
- Chill down red wines to 65 degrees and try to keep them there. Unless you have a temperature-controlled wine cellar, our homes are warmer in the summer so even red wines might need to be chilled a bit before serving.
- Think about the spices or cooking method when pairing a red wine this summer. Let those guide you in choosing the right wine.
- If you are eating lighter, choose cheese, fruits, and light red wines.
- Red wine and grilling are a perfect pairing. Summer brings the grill out; red wines should make an appearance too.
Learn more tips for serving red wine in this short video.