- Consider the type of vegetables and cooking method when pairing wine. By themselves, artichokes and asparagus are difficult to pair. But put a sauce on them then choose the wine to pair with the sauce.
- Think about the texture and balance flavors.
- If you are caramelizing carrots or other root vegetables, choose a full-bodied Zinfandel with enough spice to complement the sugar.
- Mushrooms love full-bodied red wines as do roasted potatoes.
- Adding a cream sauce to vegetables such as spinach changes the wine pairing. Choose a wine that can cut through the richness of the sauce.
Wine + Vegetable Pairing
Wine Pairing / Apr 14th, 2023
Gardens everywhere are starting to sprout vegetables. Enjoy your veggies with wine. Here are five tips to pair wine with vegetables.