Dec 31st, 2019
Choose your wine storage system carefully. We chose our wine racks for three reasons.
- Wine labels are works of art so showcase them.
- Open racks allow you to see what wines you have without having to put label tags because you are not looking at the bottle’s head or bottom.
- Racks are open allowing good air flow that will keep temperature uniform. Diamond bin racking systems can have hot & cold spots which is not good for storage.
- Invest in a good wine refrigerator to store wines at the proper temperature.
- If you cannot invest in a racking system or refrigerator, choose a dark place free of vibration, perhaps in a closet. Store the wine sideways on the floor. The floor is always the coolest part of the house.
- Never store your wine in the kitchen which is the hottest location with temperatures varying widely.
Learn more tips for storing wine in this short video.