Try these 5 Spring Food + Wine Pairings.
- Spring Greens and Viognier (or Sauvignon Blanc) – The wine should have more acidity than the salad and try to balance the bitterness of the leafy greens. LDV 2015 Sky Island Viognier has a nose of lemongrass and honeysuckle with refreshing flavors of pink grapefruit and minerality enhancing a spring salad that is lightly dressed.
- Seared Ahi Tuna and Grenache (or Pinot Noir) – The richness of the tuna and the lush fruit, spice and kiss of toasty oak of LDV’s 2015 Grenache makes this a perfect match.
- Grilled Rack of Provençal Lamb and Syrah – Herbes du Provence (lavender, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano) highlights the lamb’s richness while the smoky flavors created by grilling sing in perfect harmony with LDV’s 2015 Syrah. Syrah typically has black and blue fruit characteristics that synchronize with herbed encrusted lamb.
- Red Wine Marinated Flap Steak and Petite Sirah (or Cabernet Sauvignon) – A wine with a strong tannin structure can croon along with a sizzling perfectly grilled steak. Use the wine you are going to drink to marinate the steak. LDV’s 2014 The Signature Petite Sirah creates a symphony in the mouth alongside the marinated flap steak.
- Strawberry Shortcake and Rosé – Wines with floral notes tend to enhance fresh fruit. LDV’s 2018 Rosé of Grenache has intense fruit flavors with zero residual sugar that will play off the sweetness of the strawberries and slice through the cream.